Friday 8 December 2017

Simon Stålenhag

It's been a little quiet around my parts lately regarding art. I've been a bit overwhelmed with school and haven't had the energy to pick up a brush. I'm really looking forward to Christmas where I'll hopefully get my energy back.

I've discovered an amazing artists that I just needed to share with you. Simon Stålenhag. I'm speechless. His art is simply gorgeous.


He's amazing at telling stories through his art and I would love to be able to do just a fraction of what he does some day.

You should definitely check out more of Simon Stålenhag's art.


-----

Art by Simon Stålenhag

1 comment:

  1. He seems like he's into Bioshock (the game). Gaming art is actually really quite intense and focuses a lot on detail and lighting and mood (like we've spoken about before) this is because in order to capture the audience (or the gamer) you must make the gamer feel a certain way, you need to not just make the game interesting through plotline but through the very senses of imagery (and sound).

    You are right, his work is very well placed out like a story.. Not really my style since it seems very sci-fi/futuristic but none the less the work involved in his art is very impressive.

    I can see why youre working with dark sceneries and glowing lights like neons now ;)

    ReplyDelete